Monday, April 27, 2009

There are millions of writers in the world. So what makes someone think they can stand out in the crowd?


It’s a difficult task to do – but it can be done. I have scoured numerous articles about writing and have been given a number of tips on how to be a good writer and how to be a bad writer. This information has been extremely helpful, but it can be a burden as well.


It can stop someone from actually writing. For example, I always try to think of a topic that would attract readers. Once I have my focus – I deter myself from writing because I think: it’s been done before or what if no one likes it.


If I have not actually written my piece, then I go to the web for information. How can I make this topic more interesting? How can I attract readers?
After reading the articles, I am finished. Not finished with my topic – just finished with writing in general.


I become so frustrated with reading the articles because they bring me back to reality – there is no way I can stand out among the crowd.
Then, I remember that my writing is unique, and it’s not about whether or not I stand out – it’s about content and my story. Each writing style is different, and not everyone is going to like the way you write.


No, I am not an “expert” on writing since I have just started my career – but even a professional can botch up the job.


Sure, my blog may be one of many on the web, but that’s not going to stop me from writing. I may not write every day, but I want to keep make sure I am not becoming repetitive or boring. I want to inspire others to write because it’s one form of communication that will never die.

0 comments: