Thursday, April 16, 2009

Freewrite

You could say I have been wanting to write this awhile, but I never really took the time to finish my thoughts. I hope everyone enjoys my crazy thoughts!


He told me to write – just write. But what do I write about? Do I write about love, hope, inspiration or nothing at all? I wanted my blog to inspire others, but how to I convey that idea? Why do I over analyze topics and not listen to my heart?
Many people, including myself, forget that inspiration can come in different forms. However, words are my inspiration. Reading how others formulate a sentence and how it flows always amazes me. Sometimes, I feel as if my writing cannot compare to other writers, but I forget others feel the same way about me. Ultimately, it is the thought that matters: it is how everyone can relate to it.


The other day, I was watching my favorite anime, Bleach. I read the translation of Inoue’s thoughts about how she wanted to be strong for her friends and how she did not understand why they came to save her. The words, the thought and the flow were pure genius – maybe this is the romanticist in me.


Listening, or I should say reading, to her thoughts gave me insight as to who I am as a writer. Passion and frustration are the keys to my writing – this may be true for anyone’s writing. I cannot write while I am happy. All of my poems – I wrote them while I was sad or frustrated. Romance and passion did not enter my life until the ladder years, but I feed off of those feelings as well.


In fact, I truly believe this is how everyone operates. It’s when we let go of logic and let our hearts’ thoughts consume us. Living through our feelings can be dangerous; however, it can help certain individuals become creative geniuses.

0 comments: