Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Motivation

I started to write a blog yesterday, but I have decided to can that idea and go with something else. You could say I have writer's block, but I also have a lot on my mind. This blog was originally started to give my views on things that take place within my life. Then, I decided to change the focus and have it center on motivation.

So what really motivates people? I could list off many people and ideas that motivate me. Others may use something else to keep them moving through this journey we call life. However, people sometimes stop and think is this really what I want? I know I have asked myself that question many times. Then, I look at my son and realize I have a responsibility to him. I also have a responsibility to myself: I cannot settle for something that I am "comfortable" with if it's not what I desire.

You could say that I have taken a wrong turn and need to find my way back to the right path. Yet, Albert Einstein said it best with the following quote: "Life is like a bicycle. In order to keep your balance, you have to keep moving." You do have to keep moving, but you need to make sure you're moving in the right direction.

I feel my friend's addition to the quote is even better: "Life is like a bicycle. In order to keep your balance, you have to keep moving - yes, even if you fell and bruised yourself." The issue with certain individuals, including myself, is that we give up if we have fallen off our bike. I could have gone the rest of my life without obtaining my degree and continue working in my current position, but that's not what I want.

I had to reassess my situation, and I have decided that I want my degree. I would like to be able to provide my child with the things he wants. Most of all, I want to do what I love. If it was not for my boyfriend, it may have been quite sometime before I realized I wasn't getting back on my bicycle. You could say he is another one of my motivations.

Before I leave my blog, let me leave you with one final thought. Keep moving towards your aspirations. Remember what motivates you, and do not stray from the right path. If you have to reassess, then do what is necessary. Whatever you do, do not give up on yourself or your dreams.

0 comments: